Arizona Motor Vehicle Services

3rd Party MVD/DMV Services

Here at 1 Stop Motor Vehicle Services, we seek to bring you the quickest and most convenient service possible. We also seek to make any process you need involving 3rd Party MVD Motor Vehicle Services the best experience you’ve had. We know it can be a drag, infuriating, and take way too long. We seek to fix that problem when obtaining these services:

  • Car / Trailer / Vehicle Registration
  • Vehicle / Trailer / Car Title Services
  • License Plates and Permits
  • Drivers License
  • Travel ID and ID’s
  • Road / Driver Testing
  • IRP and IFTA Motor Carrier Services
  • Fleet Service

If you are seeking another service, give us a call or speak to one of our representatives, we will then see if we can help you with the requested service. If we can’t, we will do our best to direct you to the next best option.

Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division Authorized Provider Logo

Vehicle Registration 

Registration Renewals

It is a requirement in all states including Arizona that you keep your trailer, motorcycle, and vehicle registration up to date as well as titled. It is also important to have your documentation on you when operating your vehicle in case an officer needs to verify.

Clearing Registration Suspension

To clear the suspension on your registration, you will need to first visit one of our locations in order to determine the reason for suspension. We can then guide you to what is needed to reinstate.

Trailer Registrations

The state of Arizona requires all vehicles to be registered. This includes Trailers, Motorcycles, Cars, Trucks, and any other vehicle. 1-Stop seeks to make this process easier by informing you and helping you register your vehicle quickly and easily.

Motorcycle Registration

1 Stop Motor Vehicle Services has the desire to help you get any of your vehicles registered, even your motorcycles! Motorcycle registration is a simple process that requires the same documents as normal car registration.

Change of Address

It is an Arizona law that all residents update the Motor Vehicle Department within 10 days of an address change. You will contact the MVD to complete this process which is easy and free, or you can update your driver’s license with the new information at 1 Stop.

Sold Notices

Sold Notices are needed when transferring ownership of a vehicle and should be filed within 10 days of the transfer. This is a required action so that you are protected. It is also important that Law Enforcement and the Motor Vehicle Department know the current owner.

Title Services

Title Transfers

Title Transfers are services offered at the Motor Vehicle Department or third-party MVD services such as 1-Stop. These title transfers must occur within 15 days of purchase, otherwise, they might incur a penalty. If you are moving to Arizona with title and registration in a different state, you must become a resident before changing the registration and title.

Duplicate Titles

Duplicate titles are copies of your vehicle or trailer title in case you lose or damage your previous one. If you need a paper copy replacement for any reason, such as moving out of state, you can visit MVD or a 3rd Party MVD like 1 Stop. All titles in Arizona are now electronically stored.

Salvage Titles

Salvage titles are given to vehicles that are deemed and considered uneconomical to repair via the owner, leasing company, financial institution, or insurance company. Thus they are given the salvage title when they are stolen, incur damage fit to wreckage or destroyed, water damage, or damage deeming it unrepairable. Salvage titles can be restored if the vehicle is rebuilt for highway use.

Issue Restored Salvage Titles

To issue a restored salvage title, you must repair or rebuild the vehicle deemed “salvage” to a level of roadworthiness. This means you would have to take the vehicle and reconstruct it to be drivable on normal roads and highways for it to be deemed restored. Once this has happened a Restored Salvage title will be granted, meaning it is stable enough for highways and is drivable.

Vehicle and Driver Records

Your Motor Vehicle Records can be requested from the MVD or a 3rd Party MVD. These records will be requested online electronically with a fee and require a notarized or witnessed signed form. MVD requires you to have “permissible use” to request these documents.

Bonded Title Applications

If there is not enough to satisfy the claim of ownership to the vehicle or mobile home being titled, you may need to apply through a bonded title process. This bond covers any proper owner, lienholder, or subsequent purchaser of the vehicle or mobile home. The value of the bond would be one and one-half times the value of the vehicle in question.

Level 1 Inspections

Level 1 inspections are held at an MVD or a 3rd Party DMV, such as 1-Stop. These inspections are for out-of-state vehicles without proof of title or registration, and for bonded titles. However, these are only required for certain vehicles.

Off-Highway Vehicle Decals

Off-Highway Vehicle Decals, or OHVs, are stickers placed onto vehicles that go off improved terrain onto natural terrain. They are for vehicles that weigh 2,500 lbs or less and are required to display a valid OHV decal to operate on public or state trust lands.

Abandon Vehicles

By Arizona law, an “Abandoned Vehicle” is a vehicle or trailer that has a legal registration but has been abandoned on public or private property, whether lost, stolen, abandoned, or unclaimed. Contact us for details on how to file for an Abandoned Vehicle.

Notary Public

A Notary Public is a public officer who has gone through a process allowing them to legally constitute and serve the public in non-contentious matters. In our case, we notarize 3rd Party Department of Motor Vehicle Services.

License Plates and Permits

Issue Plates and Tags

To get issued plates and tags for your registered vehicle in Arizona, your vehicle must pass the state physical inspection which we can administer. You will need your Vehicles Title, Proof of insurance a completed title and registration application

Lost / Stolen License Plates

It is Arizona law, and a requirement to replace any issued license plate that has been lost, stolen, damaged, deteriorated, illegible, or unreadable. Stop into any of our 3rd Party DMV Service locations and start the process of getting a new license plate issued.

Disability Plates/Placards

The disability plate permits the recipient to park in specially marked spaces provided for the exclusive use of persons with a disability. The person with a disability must be the driver or a passenger in the vehicle when the disability parking space is used. Disability plates can only be displayed on a specific vehicle registered or leased by the person with the disability.

3-day Temporary Permits

3-Day temporary permits allow the user to operate the vehicle that is unregistered or with a suspended registration to a specific location such as emissions test, vehicle inspection or auto repair to pass emissions. We can issue these permits at any of our 3rd Party MVD locations.

30-day Temporary Permits

A 30-Day temporary permit allows the user to drive freely with their unregistered or suspended registration vehicle for up to 30 days. This is a free use permit, meaning the driver can take the vehicle anywhere and do anything with the vehicle.

90-day Temporary Permits

90-Day temporary permits are for Arizona residents who do not have all the complete documentation required for insurance of title or registration. This permit allows the user to operate the vehicle while allowing time to collect the required documentation.

Specialty/Personalized License Plates

Your license plate can be personalized or specialty plates can be made for unique purposes. Each plate can have a different style or design and can be ordered here at 1 Stop Motor Vehicle Services. Requirements are that the plate remains legible and intact.

Drivers License

Original Drivers License

You can acquire a driver’s license by applying for one through your local MVD or by us, a third-party location that is verified to do so. This application process requires certain documentation to make the process smooth, quick, and easy. View our Driver License and ID page for more details.

Duplicate Drivers License

If you have already earned a driver’s license, but have lost or misplaced it you can apply for a duplicate or new one. This renewal will cost a fee and will take a short time to complete at our location. You will need to bring documentation or have the information handy to have this process go by easily.

Drivers License Update

If you are going to adhere to Arizona Law where all residents need to update their change of address and name, within 10 days of the change, to the MVD. You can do this with us by updating your driver’s license at one of our 3rd Party MVD locations or online through the state MVD on their website or in person.

Drivers License Reinstatement

If your license was revoked, meaning it removed your privilege to drive, you can apply to reinstate your license after certain requirements have been met. Once you have met these requirements, paid the fee, and filed an application for reinstatement, your application will be reviewed to determine your eligibility to reinstate.

Travel ID and ID’s

Travel ID

To acquire a Travel ID you may visit us at 1 stop or an Arizona MVD office. Appointments are usually needed at a state office so checking with us is ideal if you want to acquire a travel id quickly. Our process is quick and easy.

Original ID

Identification Cards or IDs can be acquired by persons of any age in the state of Arizona. Elders 65 or above do not have to pay any fee to get an ID. Fees for acquiring an ID vary depending on the age of the applicant. Generally, as you age the price decreases meaning you’d pay less each time you apply for an ID.

Duplicate ID

Duplicate IDs can be requested by an individual in case you have lost your ID card. Visit one of our convenient 3rd Party DMV’s to acquire a duplicate ID.  There will be a small fee and general personal information will be needed.

Road / Driver Testing

Written Test

Written test for a driver’s license consists of 30 multiple choice questions and is available for those who need to get a license and is not licensed in another state. Those licensed in another state do not require the written test.

Road Test

Road tests are the driving test required to get your license and are by appointment only. A road test consists of driving throughout a specific are that will have a variety of different driving situations plus parking.

Motorcycle Written Test

Written test for a driver’s license consists of 30 multiple choice questions and is available for those who need to get a license and is not licensed in another state. We offer testing a certain locations in the Phoenix Metropolitan area.

Instruction Permit

If you are at least 15 years and 6 months of age, you can apply for an instruction permit. An instruction permit allows you to drive a vehicle as long as there is an adult of 21 years of age or older with you.

IRP and IFTA Motor Vehicle Services

International Fuel Tax Agreement

The international fuel tax agreement, or IFTA, is an agreement between multiple states. IFTA license allows the qualified vehicle to travel within all IFTA jurisdictions without having to purchase fuel tax permits at the point of entry.

International Registration Plan

The International Registration Plan, or IRP, is an agreement between member jurisdictions for registering vehicles that travel in two or more jurisdictions. This is an optional method of registration that provides for the registration of a fleet of vehicles that operate in two or more jurisdictions.

Fleet Service

Top Notch Fleet Service 

Our Fleet Services can make your life easier in a number of ways. Our Fleet Service includes registration renewals, lost or stolen plates, apportion registration, apportion plates, cab cards, and more. Follow the link above for more information or call 602-688-8540.

3rd Party MVD / DMV Motor Vehicle Service FAQ’s

Follow the link below for answers to the most common motor vehicle service questions or call us today!

8 Arizona Motor Vehicle Service Locations

Our 3rd Party DMV Motor Vehicle Services are Fast and Easy!